The Honeywell Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is an excellent addition for those searching to establish a pristine breathing environment. Providing the height of convenience and efficiency, this humidifier by Honeywell features an ultra-quiet operation and an auto shut-off function when the tank is empty. Accessibility has also been addressed with the utilization of a large tank opening that allows for easy filling and cleaning. The Honeywell Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier discharges visible cool moisture in multiple output settings. This humidifier is an ideal fit for medium sized rooms and is capable of running for 24 uninterrupted hours per filling.
Helps Temporarily Relieve Dry Air Discomforts
- Provides an efficient solution for counteracting the effects of dry harsh winter air by adding essential moisture to any room. Soothe dry skin with added moisture so hands and lips are no longer dry.
Helps temporarily Relieve Congestion and Cough
- Maintaining an indoor humidity level between 40-60% can reduce the survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air.*
- *Studies have shown that keeping indoor air at an RH level of 40-60% reduces survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air compared to lower RH levels.
Helps You Breathe Better and Sleep More Comfortably
- Comfortable humidity helps purify the air and keep throat and nasal passages hydrated. This can help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably.
Helps Protect Wooden Furniture, Floors and Musical Instruments
- Low humidity causes wood to lose moisture and shrink. Extreme changes can causes warping and cracking.
Helps Keep Indoor Plants Healthy
Helps Reduce Static Electricity
- Static electricity is even more active when the air is dry, especially in the cold months when people turn on their heat. Returning moisture to dry air assists in reducing static shocks and static cling.
Q: What is the dust on my humidifier?
A: High mineral content in your water, also known as hard water, may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The higher the mineral content (hardness) of your water, the greater the potential that an Ultrasonic humidifier may produce white dust. White dust is not a result of a defect or flaw in the humidifier. It is a result of the amount of mineral suspended in the water you are using. To minimize the amount of white dust, use a mixture of distilled water with tap water in your tank.
Q: How do I clean my Honeywell Ultrasonic Cool Moisture Humidifier?
For ultrasonic humidifiers, periodic cleaning of the nebulizer will help it perform at its best. The nebulizer, which is a round disc found in the base of the unit, vibrates at ultrasonic speed to create mist. Over time, minerals from your water may collect on the nebulizer causing it to slow to a pace that is not enough to create mist.
Turn off and unplug the humidifier. Empty water from the tank and base of the unit. Fill the base with undiluted white vinegar (just enough to cover the nebulizer) and let it soak for at least 20 minutes. If you see a strong mineral build up, you may want to let it soak longer. Do not run the humidifier with vinegar in it. Gently wipe nebulizer and reservoir area with a soft cloth to remove the mineral deposits. Empty the vinegar and rinse the base with water until the smell of vinegar is gone.