The Honeywell UV Cool Moisture Germ Free Humidifier is efficient in establishing a clean breathing environment. The use of a patented UV germ killing process allows this cool moisture humidifier to steadily eliminate up to 99.9% of bacteria, mold, fungus, and virus in the unit's water. Releasing cool, filtered invisible moisture into the air via QuietCare Technology, this germ killing humidifier provides a 25% quieter experience when compared to other evaporative humidifiers.
Incredibly versatile by design, this Honeywell UV Cool Moisture Germ Free Humidifier comes with 3 speed settings that will allow owners to adjust moisture output and sound levels. Accessibility remains an integral design feature as this portable humidifier excels on multiple fronts. Featuring a break resistant exterior, the water tank can be conveniently reached via a wide opening. The tank itself also includes a handle that will allow you to easily remove the tank to refill and clean when necessary. This portable humidifier’s tank and tray are dishwater safe. Weighing less than 9 lbs. as a whole, the Honeywell UV Moisture Germ Free Humidifier is an ideal fit for medium sized rooms and is capable of running up to 24 uninterrupted hours per filling.
Helps Temporarily Relieve Dry Air Discomforts
- Provides an efficient solution for counteracting the effects of dry harsh winter air by adding essential moisture to any room. Soothe dry skin with added moisture so hands and lips are no longer dry.
Helps temporarily Relieve Congestion and Cough
- Maintaining an indoor humidity level between 40-60% can reduce the survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air.*
- *Studies have shown that keeping indoor air at an RH level of 40-60% reduces survival of flu viruses on surfaces and in the air compared to lower RH levels.
Helps You Breathe Better and Sleep More Comfortably
- Comfortable humidity helps purify the air and keep throat and nasal passages hydrated. This can help you breathe better and sleep more comfortably.
Helps Protect Wooden Furniture, Floors and Musical Instruments
- Low humidity causes wood to lose moisture and shrink. Extreme changes can causes warping and cracking.
Helps Keep Indoor Plants Healthy
Helps Reduce Static Electricity
- Static electricity is even more active when the air is dry, especially in the cold months when people turn on their heat. Returning moisture to dry air assists in reducing static shocks and static cling.
Q: I hear the fan turning, but I don't see any mist. Is my humidifier operating properly?
A: Dry air is pulled through the system and a fan disperses invisible, moisture balanced air. There is no "mist" emitted. When operating normally, you will feel only cool air coming from the unit. Monitor the water level in your Tank/Base. If you notice a decrease in the Water Tank over 24 hours then the unit is operating normally.
Q: My unit has been running for several hours. I hear the fan spinning, but I do not notice the water level in the tank decreasing.
A: First, check the filter to ensure it is wet. If the pad appears dry, remove it from the Base and gently
rinse under cool water. Reposition wet filter in the Base. You may also want to note the current
moisture level in your home. If the humidity level is over 60% the unit will not put out much moisture
as your air is already saturated. Also verify the upper enclosure and water tank are properly seated.
Q: My filter has turned light brown and rust colored. Do I need a new filter?
A: Probably not. Since your filter has been made with Protec antimicrobial, the change in color
indicates only a mineral deposit. Soak filter in a sink full of cool water to help break up deposits. The discoloration may remain but will not affect the humidifier's performance.
Q: My humidifier doesn't appear to be as clean as when I first purchased and/or I'm smelling an unpleasant odor. What should I do?
A: You probably need to replace your Protec Antimicrobial Cartridge. This cartridge helps your
humidifier stay cleaner, longer and helps freshen the mist. If you have been using your humidifier
regularly for over 30 days replace the Protec cartridge and follow the cleaning instructions.